These plant-based crackers are so delicious, satiating and crunchy! They make a great snack with cashew cheese, used as chips with nachos or an addition to any salad. Or put them in a nice jar with a ribbon and cute note as a beautiful handmade gift for a loved one.
Tip for mums: You can use all seeds (leave out the nuts) in this recipe to make a healthy school-friendly snack for the kids lunchbox
1/2 ground almond or flax meal
2 cups mixed raw seeds and crushed nuts (my favourites are chia seeds, sesame, flaxseeds, almonds and pumpkin seeds)
1 pinch Himalayan salt
1 1/2cup water
2tsp tamari sauce (or coconut aminos)
2tbsp psyllium husk
Flavours of choice: 1tbsp nutritional yeast + 2tsp cumin ground + pinch chilli flakes, or 3tsp mixed herbs 🌿
1. Preheat oven to 160 Celsius
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined
3. Cover and let sit in counter for 15minutes
4. Spread 1/2 mixture evenly on baking tray lined with baking paper using a spoon. Ensure to make nice and thin so that the crackers cooked through a be are crunchy!
5. Place in oven for 15minutes. Then take out and flip. Put back in oven for another 10-15minutes until golden.
Be careful that they don’t burn!
6. Spread on baking tray and cook second half of mixture. Then crack to desired size and store in glass container.