Dietitian Gabi Coulthurst
Tofu Thai Green Curry with Zucchini Rice
Two words: Green Curry! BOOM! As the weather here is Brisbane is getting colder, I've been craving warm, wholesome and creamy curries and soups and this Thai spicy green has got to be a favourite.
This curry is so creamy, flavoursome and tastes so authentic AND is super easy to make! What's not to love to warm your heart on a cool evening at home.
3 heaped tbsp green curry paste, sugar free, no preservatives (the Valcom brand from Coles and Woolworths is a good option)
1 onion diced
400ml can coconut milk, natural, no preservatives, preferably organic
200g tofu diced, non-GMO, organic, firm
1 medium carrot sliced
1/2 bunch kale sliced
1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
2 cups sliced mushrooms (4-5 button, portobello or cup OR 2 handfuls of the enoki or oyster variety)
2 zucchinis - 1 sliced, and one grated in a bowl
1 cup basmati brown rice
Optional: Vegan fish sauce OR fish sauce, 1/2 tsp coconut sugar or xylitol OR 2 drops stevia
Optional toppings: coriander leaves, lime,roasted peanuts, sesame seeds
1. To cook the rice- boil a saucepan of water and add the rice, then cover and simmer for 15-20minutes (as per packet instructions) OR use rice cooker
2. For the curry, fry curry paste and onion in wok/ saucepan on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant
3. Add 1/2 tin coconut milk and stir to combine. Then add the tofu and all vegetables (except kale and grated zucchini)
4. Bring to the boil the put lid on and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes
5. Add in the kale (and fish sauce and sugar if using) and cook for another 3-5minutes until kale wilts
6. Assemble in bowl with 1/2 bowl of curry, 1/4 zucchini and 1/4 brown rice. Add optional toppings if using and enjoy this scrumptious warm bowl goodness!
#easy #lowsugar #20minute #vegetarian #dinner #glutenfree #HealthyEating